The Junior League of Savannah (JLS) seeks to hire a part-time bookkeeper. JLS is a nonprofit organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable. Additional information about JLS is available at www.jrleaguesav.org. JLS is an equal opportunity employer.
To provide accounting support to the Junior League of Savannah, Inc. especially those members serving as Officers of the Board of Directors thereby facilitating the overall mission and activities of the organization.
The Bookkeeper is responsible for performing the following duties:
- Performing basic accounting procedures (such as accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, general ledger, tax payments and inventory control)
- Prepare monthly financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles in the US
- Reconciling general ledger accounts
- Communicating with responsible League leaders to address any past due invoices
- Providing other accounting assistance and support as requested
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Vice President
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Two or more years of progressive bookkeeping experience
- Communication proficiency, including excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Technical proficiency, including use of QuickBooks online
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Credibility and integrity
This is an independent contractor position working an average of 3-5 hours per week, more as needed based on workload during the year. Salary commensurate with experience and available funds.
Application Instructions and Deadline:
To apply please send a resume, a cover letter, and the names and contact information of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Position open until filled. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.