The Community Assistance Funds provides the Junior League of Savannah with a flexible means to grant money to nonprofit agencies that can effectively demonstrate that they have a dire need for funding.
The Junior League of Savannah is currently seeking opportunities, to improve our community by awarding community assistance funds to local nonprofit organizations for programs or projects based on the following parameters:
1. The applicant organization must be a non-profit agency with 501c(3) status.
2. The applicant organization must have a commitment to volunteerism.
3. Funds awarded must be used within the geographic boundaries of the Junior League of Savannah, which include Chatham County, Bryan County, Bulloch County, Effingham County of Georgia along with the South Carolina Low Country which include Beaufort County and Jasper County.
4. The applicant organization must have in place a local Board of Directors and audited financial statement or budget.
5. Organizations currently receiving Junior League support are not eligible for Community Assistance Funds.
6. Application will NOT be accepted for the following funding uses: fund-raising drives, capital campaigns, individual requests, travel expenses, salaries, stipends, political activities, or religious purposes.
8. Applicants will be notified in the beginning of March 2020. With awards presented at the Junior League of Savannah Annual Meeting on Monday, May 4th, 2020.
Please download the Community Assistance Funds application here
In Spring 2018 we were pleased to award over $3,500 in Community Assistance Funds to: