In addition to its on-going community projects and grants, the Junior League of Savannah annually undertakes six to eight projects that are done in a day, usually occurring on a Saturday or Sunday. For each Done In A Day project, a group of six to twelve Junior league members assist local organizations through hands-on volunteer work and financial support. Funding of up to $500 is available and must be specifically related to the project described on the applications. Requests must include the need for volunteers as well as funding. Requests for funding only are not accepted as Done In A Day projects.
Applications are accepted according to the following schedule:
Winter Semester: Applications accepted August 30 – October 15 for projects that will take place in December, January, and February
Spring Semester: Applications accepted November 15 – January 15 for projects that will take place in March, April, and May
Fall Semester: Applications accepted February 15 – April 15 for projects that will take place in September, October, and November (These applications will be passed down to 2019-2020 chair for voting purposes)
The following requirements must be met for an application to be considered:
- The applicant organization must be a non-profit agency with 501 c (3) status. *
- The applicant organization must have a commitment to volunteerism.
- Applications must include a request for volunteers AND funding.
- Funding may NOT be used for fundraising, capital campaigns, individual requests, travel expenses, salaries, stipends, political activities or religious purposes.
- Projects awarded should support the Junior League’s focus area of K-12 education performance.
* Funded applicants may be required to provide proof of 501 c (3) status.
For more information please contact: email@example.com